SSM Industries, a leader in specialty protective fabrics, is seeking a National Accounts Manager with a proven sales track record. The position will work with our team to provide excellent customer experience growing our current clients and expand our market share. Specialty textile industry experience and solution-based selling methodology are highly desired.
Be a part of a company committed to doing right by its customers and its employees for over 35 years.
- Expanding sales of SSM Industries products and services to established customers and prospecting assigned markets.
- Engage customers through product knowledge and application of products in services specific to customer’s industry.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis for customers specific to their requirements.
- Responsible for building effective and professional relationships and cooperation with internal support, including customer service, technical, and operational teams.
- Continually communicate with Corporate HQ and management team on market trends, interests, and potential for new products and services.
- Provide accurate reporting; market potential, sales, and status report.
- Stay abreast of best industry practices and promotional trends.
- 40% travel expectations for account management, prospecting, trade show attendance.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic
- A proven track record in textiles sales, preferably in specialty textiles
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented sales professional, works in a collaborative manner.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Self-managed and responsible to targets and goals
- Capable of building trust, value others and communicate effectively
- Ability to interface with supply chain senior managers and other customer structures
- Creative and strategic thinking skills to develop innovative solutions to sell to the client
- Experience a plus in at least one of the following markets: Military, Safety, Industrial or Racing.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Time management, excellent organization and prioritization skills are a must
- Customer Relation Management practices with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Computer savvy, including Word, Excel, Power Point, etc
- Familiar with and able to utilize social media to promote and inform target customers
- Ability to work with VP of Sales and Marketing to plan and set goals to achieve territory objectives
- Experienced in group presentations
- Open to feed back
- Works well independently, this is a remote opportunity